Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"the real world"

In 2 short weeks I'll be joining "the real world" and I don't think I could be any more excited about it! I finally have what I think is going to be the perfect job and in the process God has taught me so much about patience and what it means to really trust Him. So on August 9 I start my job as the Education Director at the Saline County Boys and Girls Club in Benton! I have a lot to learn as far as what exactly I'll be doing but I know I'll be in charge of making sure a couple of grants are implemented correctly and working mainly with middle school and junior high students who are at risk of dropping out or failing along with the administration and teachers at the schools in order to develop a plan to reach the students. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect job! It's exactly what i've been waiting for and God is so good!

Along with the new job comes to opportunities and responsibilities (both of which I feel ready to take on.) I’ve been living with my parents for about the last year but the plan is to move into an apartment in October. This is something I’ve been waiting on for a long time so I’m really looking forward to it! Along with a new job and new place to live I’m also going to start searching for a new church. I love the church I’ve been a part of and it was a great place for me to spend the years I did there but at this stage in my life I think I need to be somewhere different. I have no idea where that will be but I’m very excited about the possibilities!

Basically that’s life for me right now and I plan on using my blog to document my transition into the real world so I hope you'll join me on this journey...

ready. set. go.

1 comment: